Thursday, December 12, 2013
(Continued from page 1)
• Waterville senior Bethanie Brown ran the mile in a Maine schoolgirl record 4:51.54 at the Loucks Games in White Plains, N.Y.
• Winthrop junior Rachel Ingram won the long jump (15-2.5) and triple jump (32-8) at an eight-team meet at Telstar
• Messalonskee junior Amanda Knight won the 200 (27.58), 400 (1:02.45) and 100 (13.21) at a five-team meet at Maranacook.
• Cony senior Erin Bolduc won the 100 hurdles (16.99) and 300 hurdles (49.72)
• Cony sophomore Leyna Tobey won the discus (69-9) and javelin (98-10).
• Cony senior Luke Dang won the 100 (11.59) and 400 (52.35)
Junior Rachel Ingram won the long jump (15-2.5) and triple jump (32-8) to lead the Ramblers. Ingram recently tied the school record in the triple jump when she jumped 34-6 two weeks ago.
"Hopefully, she can pop off a big one and get it all by herself," Van Tassel said. "She's had her eyes on that record since she was a freshman."
Mary-Claire Blanchard (hurdles), Molly Kieltyka (distance) and freshman Jada Choate (distance) are also scoring well.
"We have a real strong group of distance runners," Van Tassel said. "We've been scoring a ton of points in the 800 and (1,600) and (3,200)."
• • •
The Hall-Dale boys are finally getting healthy, and it comes at the right time.
Richmond said several athletes have been suffering from a variety of injuries, including standout sprinter Fitzgerald.
The senior missed the last two meets with a knee injury but plans to compete Friday at Cony.
"It will be good to get him back," Richmond said. "He's missed the last couple of meets. He's looking to get back into the swing of things. Knock on wood, the boys are finally looking pretty good."
On the girls side, Isabelle Jackson and freshman sprinter Mattie Marseglia are enjoying strong seasons. Jackson was second in the 300 hurdles (52.01) at a five-team meet last week at Cony. She also helped the 4x100 relay team to a second-place finish. Marseglia finished second in the 100 (13.66).
"We're looking really good on the girls side," Richmond said.
Bill Stewart -- 621-5640