Thursday, April 17, 2014
Kennebec Journal Staff
Kringleville will be open through Saturday, Dec. 22. Visit kringleville.com for more information.
Brunswick tree lighting
to be Friday on Maine Street
BRUNSWICK -- Annual tree lighting Ceremony is set for 5-7 p.m. Friday at Town Hall Mall, Maine Street.
There will be horse and carriage rides, a community sing-along, hot chocolate, cookies and a visit from Santa and Frosty the Snowman.
Christmas at Fort Western,
tree lighting Saturday
AUGUSTA -- The staff of Old Fort Western will participate in the city of Augusta's annual tree lighting in conjunction with the Augusta Downtown Alliance Saturday. All are welcome to ride over on the trolley or walk over the bridge from downtown Augusta to visit the fort and participate in activities from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
Visitors can warm up by the hearth and participate in paper cutting and Christmas caroling. There will be a reading of "The Night Before Christmas" and hot chocolate and mulled cider will be available.
Have your photo taken at the fort for $2, bring your own camera we will take a photograph in a historic holiday setting. For $2 more per person, organizers can provide costuming for the portrait. Proceeds will benefit Old Fort Western's educational programming.
Admission is free. For more information, call 626-2385, during normal business hours, or visit oldfortwestern.org.
Skowhegan's Holiday Stroll kicks off Nov. 30
SKOWHEGAN -- The Holiday Stroll will kickoff Friday, Nov. 30. with the Parade of Lights through downtown. Cookie decorating, photos with Santa, sleigh rides and more are planned Saturday, Dec. 1, and Sunday, Dec. 2.
Breakfast with Santa in Canaan Dec. 1
CANAAN -- Canaan Elementary sixth-grade students will host Breakfast with Santa. Santa will visit from 1 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, at Canaan Elementary School. Children can have their photo taken with Santa. Other events include face and nail painting, a silent auction, raffle, a cookie walk, games and more.
Tickets for breakfast cost $5 for adults, $3 for children 10 and younger. For more information, call Jamie Fitzgerald at 399-8952 or Margaret Theriault at 474-3901.
Belgrade prepares for Christmas Stroll
BELGRADE LAKES -- The village of Belgrade will host its annual Christmas Stroll Saturday, Dec. 1. Tree-lighting ceremony will begin at 4 p.m. in the village triangle.
Participants can pick up a Holiday Passport, available throughout the village. Have the passport marked at participating businesses, return your completed card with a donation (cash or food items) for the Belgrade/Rome Food Pantry to the Village Inn for a chance to win a prize.
The following events are planned:
* A holiday fair and gingerbread house contest will take place 10 a.m. -3 p.m. at the Belgrade Community Center for All Seasons. Gingerbread houses will be judged at 2 p.m. and will be displayed in the village during the stroll.
* A cookie walk is set for 2-5 p.m. at Wings Hill Inn. Participants can pay a fee and assort a box of cookies made by local bakers to take home.
* Santa will light the Christmas tree at 4 p.m. in the village. Messalonskee High School chorus will sing carols throughout the afternoon.
* The Village Peddler Gift Shop will provide refreshments while participants wait for a horse-drawn wagon ride through the village to Lakepoint Real Estate.
* Sunset Grille will provide free hot chocolate starting at 4 p.m.. karaoke is planned for 7:30 p.m.
(Continued on page 2)