Monday, March 10, 2014
Kennebec Journal Staff
AUGUSTA -- A 21-year-old Vassalboro woman was indicted Thursday on a drunken-driving charge involving a crash in China in which she and a passenger were injured.
Brittney A. Doughty was indicted by a grand jury in Kennebec County on one count of aggravated criminal operating under the influence, causing "serious bodily injury to Amanda Rae Tower."
Tower, 21, of Whitefield, and Doughty were ejected from the car in the crash that occurred about 2 a.m. June 30 on Alder Park Road in China.
Tower was flown to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor.
Investigators at the time said speed was also a factor in the crash.
An indictment is not a determination of guilt, but indicates that there is enough evidence to proceed with formal charges and a trial.
A Farmingdale couple, William E. Blodgett, 20, and Mallory L. Cote, 22, were each indicted on two counts of aggravated assault against Cote's uncle Randall Wright in an incident Sept. 3 in the couple's home.
One count says the offense was intentional or reckless. The other count says the act was committed "under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life."
Cote faces a separate charge of failure to give correct name.
Three Waterville men were indicted in connection with an April 21 robbery at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Waterville.
Those indicted on one count each of robbery were a father and son, Nicholas C. Hunter, 33, and Carl A. Hunter, 18; and Lance C. Vashon, 34.
A number of other people were indicted by the same grand jury on Thursday:
* David R. Alvarez, 27, of Benton, possession of firearm by a prohibited person April 17 in China.
* Clinton U. Bates, 34, of Oakland, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, Feb. 20 in Manchester and Feb. 22 in Waterville.
* David W. Berube Jr., 34, of Gardiner, burglary and theft on April 5 and Aug. 27 in Gardiner, and escape Aug. 30 in Augusta.
* Thomas J. Buck, 31, of Livermore, criminal OUI, operating beyond license condition or restriction and operating after suspension, all Dec. 19, 2011, in Gardiner.
* Benjamin K. Chabot, 25, of Augusta, burglary and theft by unauthorized taking Sept. 6 in Augusta.
* Christopher L. Chubbuck, 27, of Oakland, and Jamie L. Millett, 22, of Belgrade were each indicted on two counts of burglary, two counts of burglary of a motor vehicle and four counts of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer. According to the indictment, the offenses occurred between Sept. 26, 2011, and Feb. 17, 2012, in Oakland.
Chubbuck was indicted separately on charges of aggravated assault, aggravated criminal trespass, and assault June 12 in Waterville.
* Paul Nicholas Coyne, 29, of Winthrop, aggravated assault and unlawful possession of Suboxone Aug. 28 in Winthrop.
* Jeffrey M. Crockett, 41, of China, burglary and theft by unauthorized taking March 9 in Chelsea.
* Robert R. Dumont Jr., 27, of Monmouth, unlawful trafficking in methamphetamine June 20 in Monmouth.
* Kevin Duval, 45, of Manchester, unlawful trafficking in more than one pound of marijuana and unlawful possession of more than one pound of marijuana March 9 in Manchester.
* Roberto Figueroa, 55, of Waterville, domestic violence assault, assault and criminal mischief Aug. 6 in Waterville.
* Scott A. Gagnon, 42, of Mattawamkeag, operating after revocation and violation of condition of release Sept. 8 in Gardiner.
* Tyler H. Greenlaw, 18, of Winslow, eluding an officer, passing a roadblock and unauthorized use of property July 30 in Winslow.
* Brianna M. Harger, 31, of Readfield, forgery and theft by deception March 20 in Winthrop.
* Albe Arthur Lagasse, 45, of Bangor, two counts of aggravated assault April 26 in Waterville.
* Brent R. Lavallee, 28, of Augusta, assault and violating condition of release Aug. 30 in Augusta.
* Khanh Q. Le, 44, of Skowhegan, burglary and attempted theft Sept. 9 in Waterville.
* Tiffany E. Levasseur, 30, of Benton, theft by unauthorized taking Oct. 21, 2011, in Waterville.
* Zachary B. Lowe, 20, of West Gardiner; stealing drugs, violation of condition of release and theft by unauthorized taking Aug. 31 and stealing drugs June 2 in Winthrop and assault July 29 in West Gardiner.
* David A. Morton, 43, of Whitefield, operating after revocation June 7 in Gardiner and operating after revocation and violating condition of release Aug. 30 in Augusta.
* Christopher L. Rollins, 31, of Augusta, theft by deception between Jan. 1, 2009, and Oct. 28, 2009, from the Augusta Housing Authority.
* Nicholas W. Walters, 34, of Augusta, operating after revocation March 23 in Pittston.