Saturday, March 8, 2014
Kennebec Journal Staff
AUGUSTA -- A jury in Kennebec County Superior Court convicted an Oakland, Calif., woman of a charge of operating under the influence, which occurred Feb. 3 in Winthrop.
The verdict was returned late Wednesday, and on Thursday morning Mary Ann Brown, 48, was sentenced to five days in jail and fined $600 for the offense. Her license was suspended for 90 days.
A number of people were sentenced this week in separate hearings in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Gypsy R. Carron, 23, of Benton, criminal conspiracy Feb. 7 in Vassalboro; 364-day jail sentence, with all but 15 days suspended, one-year administrative release, $200 restitution.
* Leslie Cimpher, 72, of Farmingdale, theft Feb. 15 in Augusta, 90-day jail sentence.
* Stephen Joseph Deschaine, 44, of Winslow, operating under the influence, and failure to stop, remain, provide information Dec. 8, in Winslow; five-year jail sentence, with all but six months suspended, three years of probation, $2,100 fine; 10-year license and registration suspension.
* Paul G. Gagnon, 42, of Vassalboro, operating after habitual offender revocation March 20 in Winslow; 90-day jail sentence, $1,000 fine.
* Roland Gagnon, 48, of Skowhegan, criminal trespass and criminal mischief April 11 in Belgrade; 364-day jail sentence concurrent with an 18-month probation revocation.
* Carl Daniel Glidden, 32, of West Gardiner, operating after revocation Oct. 6, in Farmingdale, six-month jail sentence, $1,000 fine.
* Gregory D. Laurence, 26, of Waterville, assault April 18, 2011, in Waterville; 364-day jail sentence, with all but 40 days suspended, one-year administrative release.
* Charlene A. Nardone, 22, of Auburn, unlawful possession of scheduled drugs Feb. 17 in Litchfield; two-year jail sentence, with all but 30 days suspended, two years of probation, $400 fine.
* Donald E. Reed, 54, of Clinton, domestic violence assault April 18 in Clinton; 364-day jail sentence, with all but 60 days suspended, two years of probation.
* Maurice Laurence Shelton, 22, failure to comply with sex offender act between July 6 and Dec. 14; two-year jail sentence.
* Kevin L. Shockley, 44, of South China, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon April 28 in South China; three-year jail sentence, with all but 48 days suspended, two years of probation.
* Alison E. Thomas, 32, of Benton, theft of services Nov. 6, in Fairfield, and theft by unauthorized taking or transfer March 26 in Waterville; 30-day jail sentence, $92 restitution.
* Danial R. Tripp, 34, of Augusta, theft April 6 in Augusta; three-year jail sentence, with all but six months suspended, and two years of probation.
* Allie W. Vigue, 58, of Gardiner, criminal mischief Feb. 15 in Gardiner; 364-day jail sentence, with all but 10 days suspended, one-year administrative release.