Friday, April 18, 2014
KENNEBEC COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
Kennebec Journal Staff
AUGUSTA -- A Hallowell man on probation for burglary and theft pleaded guilty in court Wednesday to receiving stolen property: a generator that disappeared from the Central Maine Pre-Release Center in Hallowell.
Collin R. Giroux, 35, was sentenced to 60 days in jail for the offense that occurred Dec. 13, and he will serve that at the same time he serves a nine-month probation revocation.
When he gets out of jail, a new condition of probation bans him from being at the pre-release center.
Several other people were sentenced in separate hearings held Tuesday and Wednesday in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Amanda Baker, 28, of New Sharon, operating under the influence July 30 in Waterville; $500 fine, 90-day license suspension.
* John P. Cyrus IV, 58, of South China, possession of sexually explicit materials of a minor June 23 in South China; five-year jail sentence, all but nine months suspended, two years probation, with the conditions of no contact with children under 16, no possession or use of devices that access the Internet; lifetime sex offender registrant.
* Mark A. Fortin, 47, of Norridgewock, criminal mischief Sept. 2 in Augusta, $200 fine.
* Brandon M. Hodge, 19, of Windham, violating condition of release Oct. 31 in West Gardiner; 48-hour jail sentence, $500 fine.
* Timothy Joseph, 37, of Windsor, burglary and theft Aug. 31, and assault Oct. 11; four years in jail, all but nine months suspended (con-current with a 10-month probation revocation), three years probation, up to $2,000 restitution.
* Brent R. Lavallee, 27, of Sidney, driving to endanger May 21, in Augusta; operating under the influence, failure to notify of accident, Nov. 30; four-year jail sentence, all but 90 days suspended, two years probation, $1,100 fine, six-year license and registration suspension.
* Damien Dexter Lee, 21, of Waterville, gross sexual assault Aug. 23, in Waterville; eight-year prison sentence, all but three years suspended, three years' probation with conditions banning him from contact with the victim, unsupervised contact with children under 16, lifetime sex offender registrant.
* Noel Levasseur, 44, of Augusta, operating under the influence and operating while license suspended or revoked July 3, in Augusta; 180-day jail sentence, all but 10 days suspended (to be served in the alternative sentencing program), one-year administrative release, $750 fine, 90-day license suspension.
* Harold W. McArthur, 43, of Pittston, operating under the influence Dec. 7, in Augusta; three-year jail sentence, all but five months suspended, two years probation, $1,100 fine, six-year license and registration suspension.
* Frederick M. Murphy, 60, of Augusta, operating under the influence and violating condition of release Aug. 23, in Augusta; $700 fine, three-year license and registration suspension.
* Katrina A. Park, 23, of Waterville, domestic-violence assault Aug. 30, and false public alarm or report Aug. 20, both in Gardiner; 364-day jail sentence, all but 45 days suspended, one year probation, $200 fine.
* Keith Tardiff, 21, of Augusta, terrorizing Sept. 12 in Augusta; $1,000 fine.
* Rebecca E. Wood, 48, of Windsor, unlawful possession of scheduled drug April 26, in Waterville; 30-day alternative sentencing program, $1,000 fine.