Saturday, April 19, 2014
Kennebec Journal Staff
Gov. John Baldacci has announced the following nominees to state posts.
The nominations -- made over a period of the last several weeks -- will be reviewed Aug. 25 by the Senate.
* Maine Quality of Place Council appointments: Edward Barrett, of Lewiston; Richard Barringer, of Portland; Eleanor Kinney, of Bremen; Ryan Pelletier, of Ft. Kent Mills; Robert Thompson, of Litchfield; and Robin Zinchuk, of Bethel.
* Maine Public Employees Retirement System Board of Directors reappointments: Catherine Sullivan, of Portland; Richard Metivier, of Lewiston.
* Maine Labor Relations Board: Patricia Dunn, of Scarborough, appointment; Karl Dornish, of Winslow, and Richard Hornbeck, of Bowdoinham, reappointments.
* Maine Worker's Compensation Board appointments: Glenn Burroughs, of Lewiston; and Emery Deabay, of Bucksport.
* Acting director of Maine State Planning Office: Tim Glidden, director, Land for Maine's Future Program.
* Commissioner, Maine Department of Education: Angela Faherty, acting commissioner of the department of education.
* Maine State Board of Education appointments: Martha Harris, of Winterport; Jana Lapoint, of Falmouth.
* Maine Community College System trustees reappointments: Kris Doody, of Caribou; Carol Epstein, of Bangor; Joanna Jones, of Waldoboro; Merle Nelson, of Falmouth; and Daniel Wathen, of Augusta.
* Maine Human Rights Commission reappointment: Sallie Chandler, of Lebanon.
* Maine Commisison on Indigent Legal Services reappointments: Marvin Glazier, of Bangor; and Kenneth Spirer, of Portland.
* Finance Authority of Maine Board of Directors: Anthony Armstrong, of Cape Elizabeth, appointment. Brent Cross, of Bangor; Glenn Lamarr, of Fort Kent; Patrick Murphy, of Portland; and Cheri Walker, of Falmouth, reappointments.
* Maine State Housing Authority Board of Commissioners reappointment: Sheryl Gregory, of Litchfield.
* Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority trustees reappointment: Sande Updegraph, of Brunswick.
* University of Maine System Board of Trustees: Kurt Adams, of Yarmouth, appointment; Marjorie Medd, of Norway, reappointment.
* Maine Maritime Board of Trustees appointment: Morten Antzen, of New Canaan, Conn.
* Board of Environmental Protection appointment: Peter Paydos, of Dover-Foxcroft.
* EfficiencyMaine Trust reappointments: James Atwell, of Falmouth; and John Rohman, of Bangor.
* Maine Turnpike Authority reappointment: Gerard P. Conley, of Portland.
* Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority reappointment: John D. Bubier, of Biddeford.
* Commissioner, Department of Administrative and Financial Services: Ellen Schneiter, acting commissioner.