Monday, December 9, 2013
AUGUSTA -- A number of local people were sentenced Tuesday in separate hearings in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Keith Michael Arvanitis, 40, of Augusta, four counts each of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer and burglary of a motor vehicle Aug. 1 in Waterville; six-year prison sentence, all but two years suspended, three years' probation, $903.24 restitution.
* Ricky Nelson Cochran, 45, of Belgrade, domestic-violence assault July 1 in Winslow and violating condition of release Aug. 23 in Waterville; 18-month prison sentence.
* Jane M. Hei, 27, of Waterville, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer June 16 in Waterville; five-day jail sentence, $500 fine.
* Brian G. Jenness-Libby, 27, of Waterville, assault Nov. 30, 2012, in Waterville; four-year jail sentence, all but 90 days suspended, two years' probation, $50 restitution.
* Leon Devon Payne, 30, of Lewiston, violating condition of release May 9 in Waterville; 250 fine.
* Joshua E. Porfiro, 24, of Waterville, unlawful possession of oxycodone June 8, 2012, in Waterville; eight-day jail sentence, $700 fine, $80 restitution.