Monday, May 20, 2013
SKOWHEGAN -- A New Portland man has been indicted by a Somerset County grand jury on charges of domestic violence terrorizing and criminal threatening in North Anson last month.
Randy Grover Jr.
Randy C. Grover Jr., 30, was arrested on a railroad bridge over the Carrabassett River on state Route 234 hours after fleeing the Union Street home where he allegedly threatened to shoot the woman that lived there and her neighbors on Oct. 23, according to a court affidavit filed by Detective Lt. Carl Gottardi of the Somerset County Sheriff's Department. The affidavit reported that he also threatened to drive his truck into the woman's residence.
The woman told police that she had lived with Grover for 11 years and that they had two children together. She said she had recently broken off the relationship and that Grover was unstable and upset over the breakup, according to the affidavit.
Grover was released from Somerset County Jail after making bail on Oct. 24.
Also indicted by the grand jury was Terence B. Allen, 27, of the Bronx, N.Y., charged with trafficking scheduled drugs, possession of scheduled drugs and violation of condition of release in Madison.
Allen was arrested Oct. 23 in Skowhegan after an investigation by the Somerset County Sheriff's Department.
Allen also was released on bail from the Somerset County Jail on Oct. 24. He is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 5.
Also indicted by the grand jury were:
* Joshua L. Vincent, 29, of Anson, charged with 10 counts of burglary and 10 counts of theft between July 14 and July 29 in Anson, Madison, Mercer, Norridgewock, North Anson and Starks.
* Roland L. Cummings, 43, of Canaan, charged with burglary and theft on Aug. 19 in Skowhegan.
* Steven Gentili, 47, of Rome, charged with criminal threatening, burglary, assault and criminal mischief on Sept. 19 in Taunton Township and violation of condition of release on Oct. 1 in Skowhegan.
* Michael Rippett, 39, of Hartland, charged with theft greater than $1,000 on Sept. 19 in Hartland.
* Nicholas Kennard, 28, of Smithfield, charged with burglary, possession of burglary tools and theft on Sept. 12 in Smithfield.
* Phillip Henry III, 21, of Madison, charged with two counts of burglary and three counts of theft on Sept. 26 in Madison.
* Jason A. Davis, 28, of Portland, charged with criminal mischief, aggravated criminal mischief and carrying a concealed weapon on Oct. 16 in Fairfield.
* Dana Brandford, 41, of Skowhegan, charged with burglary and criminal mischief on Sept. 21 in Skowhegan.
* Randy P. Guthier, 52, of Leeds, charged with criminal threatening with a weapon and criminal threatening on July 8 in Pittsfield.
* Cherie A. Coriz-Mascioli, 41, of Canaan, charged with theft on July 16 in Palmyra.
* Randall L. Brackett Jr., 27, of Bangor, charged with domestic violence assault and violation of condition of release on Oct. 13 in Skowhegan.
* Christopher Chubbuck, 27, of Oakland, charged with burglary and theft between Oct. 23 and Oct. 26 in Fairfield.
* Justin S. Rolfe, 21, of Fairfield, charged with burglary and theft on July 1 in Skowhegan and burglary and theft on July 20 in Norridgewock.
Rachel Ohm -- 612-2368