Sunday, March 9, 2014
By Matt Hongoltz-Hetling firstname.lastname@example.org
WHITEFIELD — A couple was rushed to the hospital Wednesday with carbon monoxide poisoning.
A neighbor went to the couple’s Heath Road home to check on them and found them unconscious, according to Lt. Rand Maker of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department.
The man, 83, was taken by helicopter to MaineGeneral Medical Center in Augusta, with what Maker described as potentially life-threatening injuries.
The woman, 84, was taken to the same hospital by ambulance.
No other information on the couple was avaiable.
Maker said emergency responders from the sheriff’s department and the Whitefield Fire Department found a generator in an attached garage, which was directly beneath a part of the residential home.
Maker said it was another example of the importance of keeping generators outdoors, where the carbon monoxide fumes have a chance to dissipate.
A man in Knox was killed Tuesday morning while refueling a generator in his garage on Christmas Eve.Matt Hongoltz-Hetling — 861-9287 email@example.com Twitter: @hh_matt