Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The Associated Press
LIVERMORE FALLS — Two people have been hospitalized and a dog has died in a house fire at a Livermore Falls home.
Fire Chief Tim Hardy says the injuries are not considered life-threatening. Their names were not immediately made public, but he says they were relatives of the home’s owner.
The mobile home blaze was reported at about 3 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the home fully engulfed.
Hardy tells the Sun Journal the fire started on the stove, but investigators are not certain if it was a cooking fire or started by something left inadvertently on the stove.
A state fire investigator plans to talk to the couple to get more information.
About 30 firefighters from Livermore Falls, Jay, Livermore and Wilton responded.