November 19, 2013

Norridgewock mobile home damaged in fire

Heavy smoke damage make home uninhabitable, according to officials.

By Rachel Ohm rohm@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

NORRIDGEWOCK — An older mobile home on Madison Road was heavily damaged by smoke in a fire Tuesday afternoon.

The fire is believed to have originated from a wood stove in the living room, said Lt. Jeffery Jones of the Norridgewock Fire Department. He wouldn’t identify the homeowner.

The home is at 92 Madison Road, U.S. Route 201A, and although the fire did not breach the outside of the building, it did cause extensive smoke and water damage to the interior, said Jones. He said it is uninhabitable.

Firefighters arrived at the scene around 3 p.m. and saw heavy smoke, but no flames showing. They were able to extinguish the fire in about an hour, said Jones.

Firefighters from the Madison and Skowhegan fire departments also responded. No injuries were reported.

Rachel Ohm— 612-2368 rohm@centralmaine.com

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at KJonline.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)