Thursday, December 5, 2013
AUGUSTA — A stove fire Monday inside a Ridge Road apartment caused minor damage to the kitchen.
Deputy Chief Dave Groder said the grease fire inside apartment 3, at 23 Ridge Road, was reported around 3:45 p.m. The caller said the fire was out but wanted the fire department to check the building to make sure it had not spread.
"There was no extension other than the surrounding wall material," Groder said.
The fire damaged the stovetop, cabinets and wall covering.
The few people inside the other apartments were evacuated, Groder said. All tenants except those in apartment 3 where allowed to return to the building. Tenants in the damaged apartment will have to clean and make some repairs before being allowed to return.