Thursday, December 12, 2013
Somerset County grand jury indictments
SKOWHEGAN — A Fairfield man accused of forcing his way into the home of an 84-year-old woman and assaulting her adult children was recently indicted by a Somerset County grand jury.
Ronald Scott Brousseau, 49, was arrested June 17 after knocking on the door of the Lawrence Avenue home and asking for someone named Angie. When he was told that no one with that name lived there, he pushed his way into house and past the woman.
Once inside, he struggled with the woman's 44-year-old daughter and kicked her in the face. Brousseau then assaulted the 84-year-old homeowner's son and fled the property, according to police.
It was the fourth arrest of Brousseau this year. He also was arrested in January after refusing to leave Lawrence High School and assaulting two hospital employees.
Brousseau is being held at the Somerset County Jail in lieu of $1,000 cash bail. He faces two assault charges as well as charges of criminal trespassing, criminal mischief, violation of condition of release, refusing to submit to arrest and assault of an officer.
Also indicted by the grand jury was Wendy J. Murray, 41, of Pittsfield, who is charged with arson in connection with a fire set in her neighbor's Jeep.
Murray did not enter a formal plea during her initial court appearance June 17 but has denied charges that she started the fire, which caused several thousand dollars' worth of damage to the vehicle. She is being held in lieu of $20,000 bail at the Somerset County Jail.
Indictments are not a finding of guilt. They indicate evidience is sufficient to bring a suspect to trial.
Also indicted by the grand jury Thursday were:
• Kevin C. Anderson, 45, of Moose River, charged with possession of firearm by a felon, July 12 in Moose River.
• Tarah L. Covell, 32, of Dexter, charged with possession of oxycodone, possession of schedule W drugs and operating after suspension, March 26 in Palmyra.
• Kevin Paul Wyman II, 20, of Smithfield, charged with aggravated furnishing of scheduled drugs and endangering the welfare of a child, March 24 in Smithfield.
• Brandy D. Remmers, 36, of Skowhegan, charged with theft with priors on two counts, May 27 in Cornville.
• Darcy Marie Waugh, 37, of Madison, charged with theft with priors, May 16 in Madison.
• Cheryl L. Charles, 32, of Palmyra, charged with trafficking prison contraband, July 24 in Madison.
• John D. Clark III, 30, of Bangor, charged with theft with priors and possession of firearm by a felon, June 4 in Palmyra.
• Wendy T. Eaton, 45, of Skowhegan, charged with trafficking prison contraband and violation of condition of release, July 22 in Madison.
• Norman J. Verrill Jr., 49, of Skowhegan, charged with theft with priors on two counts, June 2 in Skowhegan.
• Sierra Lynn Reichert, 26, of Wiscasset, charged with two counts of burglary, two counts of theft and theft of a firearm, between Feb. 10 and Feb. 16 in Lexington.
• James A. Dostie, 27, of Benton, charged with theft with priors, June 22 in Palmyra.
• Christopher T. Knight, 47, a transient, charged with burglary and theft, April 26 in Smithfield.
• Gabriel P. Walker, 31, of Brooklyn, N.Y., charged with trafficking of schedule W drugs and possession of schedule W drugs, July 18 in Skowhegan.
• Darcy L. Soucier, 39, of Skowhegan, charged with trafficking of schedule W drugs, possession of schedule W drugs and two counts of violation of condition of release, July 18 in Skowhegan.
• Brian D. Jenkins, 23, of Dorchester, Mass., charged with possession of heroin and trafficking of heroin, July 18 in Skowhegan.
• Rashard M. Perkins, 28, of Leominster, Mass., charged with possession of schedule W drugs with priors, July 18 in Skowhegan.
• Rex A. Call Jr., 28, of Palmyra, charged with operating after revocation, May 13 in Pittsfield.
• Chelsea M. Spaulding, 28, of Bingham, charged with possession of oxycodone and trafficking schedule W drugs, June 19 in Bingham.
• Matthew D. York, 25, of Madison, charged with domestic-violence assault with prior convictions, criminal trespassing, criminal mischief and violating condition of release on two counts, July 9 in Madison.
• Derek E. Keenan, 29, of Skowhegan, charged with operating under the influence with priors and operating after suspension, May 16 in Norridgewock.
Rachel Ohm — 612-2368