Friday, December 6, 2013
By Jesse Scardina email@example.com
CLINTON — A small fire damaged a garage on Clubhouse Road Wednesday afternoon.
The fire started in a storage compartment built on the backside of the garage, according to Capt. Rick Barton of the Clinton Fire Department.
The garage was a couple hundred yards from Mutton Lane and about a quarter-mile from the Interstate 95 overpass.
“We believe the cause was electrical,” he said, adding that the addition had two electrical outlets and two overhead lights. The addition was destroyed and the fire crept up the back wall, but Barton said it should be able to be repaired.
Clinton firefighters managed to bring the blaze under control and pull out some valuables in the garage in the process, including a snowmobile and lawn mower.
Clinton Fire and Rescue responded the 2:30 p.m. emergency with three engine trucks and Fairfield Fire and Rescue responded with a tanker truck.
Jesse Scardina — 861-9239