January 4

Fire destroys Dexter home

An unattended space heater likely caused the fire Friday morning.

DEXTER — Fire officials say an unattended space heater likely caused a fire that destroyed a home in the Maine town of Dexter.

No injuries were reported in the fire on Friday.

Firefighters battled the fire in subzero temperatures.

Fire Chief Matt Conner tells the Lewiston Sun Journal that the homeowner and a friend were shoveling snow off the roof of a cattle barn when the fire started shortly after 11:30 Friday morning.

The cattle were in a back field and were not injured in the fire.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at KJonline.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)