Saturday, April 19, 2014
By Betty Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
AUGUSTA — No one was injured in a chimney fire early today at 8 Davenport St.
The two people sleeping in the home at the time were awakened by smoke, and the alarm was called in at 1:30 a.m.
“Firefighters had to take the wall out,” said Augusta Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Dunbar. “Other than that, there was no damage at all.”
Firefighters spent about 90 minutes at the scene, and by the end, the residents were able to return because they had an alternate heating source.
Dunbar said the home is insured.