Wednesday, April 23, 2014
AUGUSTA — Multiple charges of burglary and theft and drug trafficking against a number of individuals dominate the indictments handed up late Thursday by a grand jury in Kennebec County.
An indictment is not a determination of guilt, but it indicates that there is enough evidence to proceed with formal charges and a trial.
Two men, Kevin Charles Tardiff, 43, and Robert W. Metcalf, 22, both of Augusta, were each indicted on eight counts of burglary of a motor vehicle, nine counts of theft by unauthorized taking, and three counts of burglary. Tardiff faces an additional count of violation of condition of release. According to the indictment, all the offenses charged occurred on July 19, 2013, in Augusta.
Metcalf also faces a separate indictment charging him with three counts each of burglary of a motor vehicle and theft by unauthorized taking June 24-July 7, 2013, in Augusta.
Other indictments Thursday:
• Jack Hagop Alahverdian, 60, of Augusta, criminal threatening Jan. 27 in Augusta.
• Sarah R. Blaisdell, 32, of Rome, stealing drugs and unlawful possession of oxycodone May 26-June 26, 2013, in Mount Vernon.
• Joshua W. Bonenfant, 34, of St. George, aggravated criminal trespass, criminal threatening and criminal trespass June 3-6, 2013, in Litchfield.
• Billy Joe Bragg, 47, of Waterville, domestic violence assault, violation of a protective order and domestic violence criminal threatening May 31, 2013, in Waterville.
• Michael E. Bumford, 36, of Augusta, unlawful possession of heroin and falsifying physical evidence Aug. 23, 2013, in Augusta.
• Scott A. Cogswell, 46, of Waterville, two counts of unlawful possession of oxycodone Oct. 11, 2013, in Waterville.
• Jacob M. Cotnoir, 33, of Augusta, criminal operating under the influence and operating beyond license condition or restriction Nov. 3, 2013, in Monmouth.
• Paul Nicholas Coyne, 30, of Winthrop, elevated aggravated assault, two counts of aggravated assault, criminal threatening and possession of a firearm by a prohibited person Jan. 23 in Gardiner.
• Derrick R. Cram, 32, of Clinton, domestic violence assault Dec. 29, 2013, in Clinton.
• Ariana L. Doherty, 28, of Augusta, elevated aggravated assault Dec. 20, 2013, in Augusta.
• Paul Francis Fay III, 29, of Waterville two counts of domestic violence assault Dec. 21, 2013, in Waterville.
• Wayne Nathaniel Foster, 35, of Waterville, gross sexual assault, aggravated assault, conspiracy to commit aggravated trafficking, two counts each of aggravated trafficking in scheduled drugs and unlawful possession of scheduled drugs, Nov. 21-Dec. 12, 2013, in Waterville.
• Ghe Joe Grip, 34, of Smithfield, domestic violence assault Jan. 8 in Waterville.
• Jeffrey L. Hannah, 42, of Fairfield, three counts of unlawful trafficking of cocaine base Jan. 15-23 in Waterville.
• Anthony Michael Hawkins, 21, of Augusta, eluding an officer, criminal operating under the influence, unauthorized use of property and violation of condition of release Nov. 2, 2013, in Augusta.
• Timothy P. Hayes, 49, of Prentiss, gross sexual assault, unlawful sexual contact, violation of sex offender registration, violation of condition of release, unsworn falsification and nine counts of prohibited contact with a minor, Sept. 1-Oct. 18, 2013, in Clinton.
• Jeremy J. Holt, 23, of Clinton, robbery Jan. 18 in Clinton.
• Kevin J. Johnson, 38, of Augusta, burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and refusing to submit to arrest Oct. 8, 2013, in Augusta.
• Jaimee L. Laney, 35, of Vassalboro, unlawful possession of heroin Aug. 22, 2013, in Albion.
• Brent R. Lavallee, 29, of Augusta, aggravated criminal operating under the influence, operating after revocation, aggravated operating after habitual offender revocation and violation of condition of release Nov. 25, 2013, in Sidney.
(Continued on page 2)