Friday, April 18, 2014
AUGUSTA — A New York man who pleaded guilty to aggravated cocaine trafficking in Maine was sentenced Tuesday to seven years in prison with all but four years suspended and two years’ probation.
Robert Lonnie Dixon, 34, of Bronx, N.Y., was arrested with two other men July 3 after a police search reportedly turned up crack cocaine at a Glenridge Drive apartment that also was home to at least two children.
Dixon was charged with aggravated trafficking in scheduled drugs and criminal forfeiture of $8,242. Dixon pleaded guilty and agreed to forfeit the money, which investigators with the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency said was proceeds from the sale of crack cocaine.
In the raid, investigators seized 17 grams of crack cocaine, which they valued at $1,700.
Documents filed in Kennebec County Superior Court indicated Dixon has a number of previous convictions, including a cocaine conspiracy conviction in Manhattan.
Dixon’s codefendants, Kenneth Floyd, 31, also of Bronx, N.Y., and Matthew Jepsen, 29, of Augusta, pleaded guilty in September and October to drug charges and got shorter sentences. Floyd was sentenced to three years in prison with all but five months suspended and two years’ probation. Jepsen was sentenced to two years in prison with all but 60 days suspended and two years’ probation. They also forfeited the cash that was seized.
A number of other people were sentenced Tuesday in separate hearings in Kennebec County Superior Court.
• Gerard S. Boynton, 27, of Monmouth, failing to stop for an officer May 17, 2013, in Monmouth; 21 day jail sentence.
• Robin J. Gibson, 46, of Augusta and Windham, operating after habitual offender revocation May 7, 2013, in Farmingdale; 90 day jail sentence, $750 fine.
• Ryan C. Harris, 20, of Winthrop, assault Oct. 15, 2013, in Monmouth; five year prison sentence, all but 10 months suspended, two years’ probation, up to $4,606 restitution.
• Michael McCutcheon, 24, of Gray, operating after habitual offender revocation Sept. 6, 2013, in Sidney; 60 day jail sentence, $750 fine.
• Brian P. Ouellette, 43, of Oakland unlawful possession of scheduled drug Aug. 8, 2013, in Waterville; 30 day jail sentence, $400 fine.
• Benjamin M. Peterson, 28, of Chelsea, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer April 15, 2013, in Vassalboro; theft by receiving stolen property April 12, 2013, in Windsor, and unlawful possession of scheduled drugs Dec. 5, 2013, in Augusta; 90 day jail sentence concurrent to seven month probation revocation, $400 fine.
• Dennilee D. Peaslee, 29, of Jefferson, two counts each of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer and violating condition of release and one count of unlawful possession of scheduled drugs Aug. 2-Sept. 30, 2013, in Augusta; two years in prison, all suspended, one year probation consecutive to a six month probation violation, restitution up to $6,260, $400 fine.
• Michael F. Smith, 56, of Winthrop, unlawful possession of scheduled drug Aug. 30, 2013, in Augusta; 90 day jail sentence, $400 fine.Betty Adams — 621-5631 email@example.com Twitter: @betadams