Saturday, December 7, 2013
AUGUSTA — A local teenager was taken to the hospital Monday after being burned.
Augusta Fire Deptartment Deputy Chief David Groder, left, and Platoon Chief Daniel Guimond show State Fire Marshal's Office investigator Mary MacMaster an exploded firework that was recovered from the site where a teenager was burned today in Augusta. Groder would not say how the teen was burned.
Staff photo by Andy Molloy
Deputy Chief Dave Groder of the Augusta Fire Department said firefighters were called to the emergency room at MaineGeneral Medical Center in Augusta for a report of a boy who had been burned. Groder, who would not name the boy, said he was in his early teens and suffered what were believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.
Groder said the boy was burned during an incident on Maple Street around 2 p.m. He declined to say how the boy was burned.
"We're still not sure," Groder said while still at the scene. "It's under investigation."
Investigators from the State Fire Marshal's Office were called to assist with the investigation.