Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Kennebec County grand jury indictments
AUGUSTA — A Gardiner man has been charged in connection with a fight that left two men injured, one of whom's ear was partially bitten off.
A Kennebec County grand jury on Thursday indicted Dylan Nathaniel Hendsbee, 21, formerly of Pittston, on two counts of aggravated assault. Hendsbee was not being held at the Kennebec County jail. It is unclear if he was free on bail.
The charges stem from an early morning fight on April 4 on Fountain Street, said Gardiner Police Chief James Toman. Police arrived to find one man's ear partially bitten off, Toman said. A second man suffered facial fractures.
"I don't believe there were any weapons used," Toman said.
Both men were taken to MaineGeneral Medical Center in Augusta for treatment.
The investigation led to Hendsbee and another person, Toman said. The information was turned over to the Kennebec County District Attorney's Office.
Hendsbee was issued summons' on June 4 charging him with two counts of assault. Toman said it does not appear from the police report that the second person has ever been charged.
An indictment is not a determination of guilt, but it indicates that there is enough evidence to proceed with formal charges and a trial.
Four people were charged in superseding indictments in connection with a Maine Drug Enforcement Agency investigation:
Raishawn Wendall Key, 31, of Augusta, five counts of aggravated trafficking in cocaine base, two counts of aggravated trafficking in cocaine, and one count of aggravated trafficking in heroin and criminal forfeiture of $1,366, May 20–June 19 in Augusta.
Robert Lonnie Dixon, 34, and Kenneth Floyd, 31, both of Bronx, N.Y., aggravated trafficking in cocaine and criminal forfeiture of $8,243 July 1 in Augusta.
Matthew Jepsen, 29, of Sidney, unlawful trafficking in cocaine, two counts of unlawful trafficking in cocaine base, and criminal forfeiture of $8,243, May 9–July 1.
A number of other people were indicted Thursday by the Kennebec County grand jury:
• Brandon Paul Arnold, 31, of Augusta, theft by unauthorized taking, unlawful possession of scheduled drugs and operating after suspension May 29 in Augusta.
• Clinton U. Bates, 36, of Sidney, receiving stolen property March 16 in Manchester and June 18, 2012, in Oakland; and receiving stolen property and theft by deception Nov. 14, in Augusta.
• Renee L. Belisle, 31, of Augusta, theft by deception, forgery, and misuse of identification Nov. 2, in Augusta.
• Caitlyn Renee Bragg, 21, of Richmond, unlawful possession of heroin, operating after suspension and violation of condition of release May 25 in Augusta.
• Jacob R. Choate, 24, of Augusta, unlawful possession of heroin March 5 in Augusta.
• George A. Day, 30, of Hollis, eluding an officer, criminal operating under the influence and violation of condition of release Feb. 2 in Belgrade.
• Jack R. Downs Sr., 48, of Gardiner, criminal operating under the influence and operating beyond license condition or restriction March 18 in Randolph.
• Joshua Dean Elliott, 32, of Fairfield, receiving stolen property, two counts of aggravated trafficking in scheduled drugs — heroin and methylphenidate — and violation of sex offender registration July 17–Aug. 31 in Waterville.
• Donald Paul Fencik, 62, of Waterville, aggravated operating after habitual offender revocation, operating after revocation, criminal operating under the influence and two counts of violation of condition of release July 17 in Waterville.
• Richard E. Gilley, 31, of Waterville, assault July 13 in Waterville.
• Bonny Sue Gilmore, 29, of Gardiner, criminal operating under the influence and operating beyond license restriction July 20 in Augusta.
• Jesse N. Glidden, 37, of South China, theft by unauthorized taking, unlawful possession of scheduled drugs, illegal possession of hypodermic apparatuses March 17–18 in China and negotiating a worthless instrument Oct. 9, in Waterville.
(Continued on page 2)