Monday, December 9, 2013
Kennebec Journal Staff
Thomas Clarke, 49, of Haverhill, Mass., pleaded guilty Tuesday in Kennebec County Superior Court to a charge of arson.
He was sentenced to five years in jail, all but six months suspended, and three years of probation.
A number of other people were sentenced recently in separate cases handled in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Rose M. Foster, 22, of Oakland, aggravated furnishing of scheduled drugs May 20 in Clinton; five months in jail.
* Shawn M. Merrill, 22, of Grosvenor Dale, Conn., forgery Sept. 13, 2006, in Randolph; 75 days in jail.
* Eugene W. Soucy, 33, of Belgrade, receiving stolen property Dec. 12, 2007, in Belgrade; 12 months in jail, $500 restitution.
* Nathan M. Ellis, 25, of Pittston, operating under the influence March 8 in Pittston; three years in jail, all but 45 days suspended, two years' probation, $1,100 fine, four year license and registration suspension.
* Maria E. Bajpai, 38, of Waterville, theft March 13 in Waterville, $750 fine.
* Eugene T. Haskell, 25, of Augusta, operating after revocation April 24 in Augusta, 90 days in jail $1,000 fine.
* Shawnnarae Drayton, 27, of Augusta, operating after suspension June 14 in Manchester; $500 fine.
* Timothy I. Lloyd, 44, of Waterville, aggravated forgery, violation of sex offender registration between Oct. 19, 2007, and April 23, 2008, in Waterville; five months and 20 days in jail.